Oefenweb.nl is a spin-off company of the University of Amsterdam (UvA), and was founded January 2009 by UvA Holding and the Research Program of Psychological Methods of the UvA. The company Oefenweb.nl produces training-tracking systems, such as Math Garden, which adhere to the Game & Train, Track & Teach principle.
Game & Train, Track & Teach is based on the idea that by playing (Game) educational computer games children can practice (Train) specific skills. By registering the answers (Track) that children give, it is possible to get a good picture of individual and group development. This information can be used by teachers to give pupils feedback (Teach) on individual specific problems.
Oefenweb.nl seeks to bridge the gap between education and science. By studying the collected data, new analysis possibilities and scientific insights can be developed.
Oefenweb.nl has a goal to improve education by:
- Offering children a challenging environment to practice scholastic skills.
- Improving mathematical and language skills.
- Reducing the amount of time that teachers spend grading tests.
- Providing teachers with detailed information about the individual development of children and the typical mistakes they make.
- Supporting scientific research regarding the underlying mechanisms of development.
Read more about us on Trackandteach.com